What Is Kahnawake Gaming Commission License
Kahnawake License is currently the only legal license that works for offshore online casino sites that want to provide services legally in Canada.
The main point is that the Canadian government does not allow local casino operators to run gambling sites that accept local gamblers. Local operators also need the license, but they are only allowed to run offline services and some limited online services (but not casinos).
Online casino sites that are run from abroad can freely offer their services to Canadian gamblers, but these sites are strongly recommended to acquire the Kahnawake license in order to get wider possibilities. Local punters are also recommended to opt for Kahnawake casinos, in order to be fully protected by the law if any fraudulent case arises.
Kahnawake Licensing Policies
As any other reliable and reputable online gambling regulator, Kahnawake Gambling Commission follows a strict policy on choosing decent parlour sites and granting licenses. The policies follows to include the next concepts:
- to ensure that gaming is conducted responsibly by the operator
- to ensure that gaming is conducted in a fair and honest manner
- to prevent gaming from being associated with crime or criminal activities
- to ensure that the winners are paid fairly by casino operators
- to ensure that the players’ sensitive data is held in confidence
- to prevent underage gambling
Online parlours that strive to get this license have to meet strict criteria and sometimes fail to succeed.
Types Of Kahnawake Casino Licenses
Kahnawake issues several types of licenses and permits, including:
- Interactive Gaming Licenses - these licenses deal with online casino operators that are willing to offer casino Kahnawake games to local punters, mostly for real money play
- Client Provider Authorisation - this permit allows offering casino games from abroad by holders of the previous license
- Key Person Permit - permit issued to employees or partners of the Interactive Gaming License for access to the key information and operations
- Inter-Jurisdictional Authorisation - a variation of the Client Provider Authorisation, allowing the conduct of gaming operations from additional facility belonging to the holder of the Interactive Gaming License
How Does Kahnawake Protect Gamblers?
The Kahnawake Gaming Commission has a certain impact on the casino Kahnawake sites and can force them to take certain actions in order to protect the players.
KGC checks the quality of software used by the casino site, from games to the site itself, and makes sure no user data is leaking. The regulator also makes sure that all winnings are paid in a fair manner, timely, and in full.
KGC is the to-go authority if a gambler from Canada has any complaints about the licensed casino site. The regulator deals with the complaints and in case the casino Kahnawake does not follow the instructions, the site can be blocked, banned, taken down, and of course stripped of the license pretty quickly.